My coworker told me about this recipe that she tried on Pinterest today. Of course, I was like “oh, cool. I have all those ingredients. I’ll give it a try.”
So, of course, I changed a few things to make it my own. I wasn’t planning on posing this because there are so many versions of it on Pinterest. However, it turned out to be SUPER yummy!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings)
- 1 cup brown sugar substitute (I used Sukrin Gold and I use it in a lot of my recipes. Love love love!)
- 1/4t red pepper flakes
- 1/2t tapioca starch
- 1 1/2t apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (~2T minced garlic)
- 1/4t salt
- 1T olive oil
Chop chicken into cubes. I sprinkled mine with some salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. You can season as you like. Place olive oil in a pan and wait for it to heat up and then put the chicken in.
While the chicken is cooking place the hot sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt and vinegar in a small pot. Heat on medium. The sauce will bubble and thicken a little bit.
Once the chicken is cooked, coat it in the pan with sauce. Add in the tapioca starch if the thickness is not desireable.
I ate this with some broccoli and it was a little like a funky but amazing stir fry. So SO good.